Crucial Care is looking to add a Staff Accountant to our team. This team member will be a key member of the finance team and be charged with key functions of the department and the financial close process.
Main responsibilities are:
- Perform duties of the day to day operations in the accounting department, including but not limited to, accounts payable, revenue recognition, cash flow management and fixed asset management.
- Responsible for the monthly close process, including preparation and completion of multiple bank recs, journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and P&L expense variance analysis.
- Responsible for thoroughly understanding every account of multiple businesses; ensuring that each account is materially accurate and ties out to supporting documentation monthly.
- Timely issuance of multiple monthly financial statements, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, on both accrual and cash basis.
- Analyze and understand all areas of the business and how they impact the overall financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the preparation and presentation of the yearly budget.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively amongst cross-functional teams and educate team members on the financial impacts of various decisions.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures in the department are protocolized and executed as written.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities within the department.
- Follow the information security policies & management system, contributes to their effectiveness, and actively reports on their performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (Business, Accounting or Finance preferred)
- Minimum of 2-3 years of Accounting & Finance experience working in a Corporate or Public Accounting Company, with an advanced knowledge of both accrual and cash based accounting.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to understand and present financial results monthly to all levels of management.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Power Bi (Macros, formulas and pivot tables, charting, conditional formatting, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task in a busy, fast-paced environment to ensure all deadlines are meet with ease.
- Healthcare benefits like medical, dental and vision offered, starting ~90 days of employment